FEMA Locations- Houston Flooding
Representatives from Harris County, City of Houston, State of Texas, Federal Emergency Management Agency, U.S. Small Business Administration, and other agencies will be at the centers to explain disaster assistance programs and help survivors apply for aid. Those visiting the centers can also talk to experts on ways to prevent future disaster damage.
The centers are located at:
- Bayland Community Center, 6400 Bissonnet St., Houston, TX 77074
- Greenspoint Commercial Office Building, 16800 Imperial Valley Dr., Houston, TX 77060
- Cypress Creek Christian Church and Community Center, 6823 Cypresswood Dr., Spring, TX 77379
- Lone Star College Cy-Fair Library, 9191 Barker Cypress Rd., Cypress, TX 77433
Hours at the centers are from 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. Monday through Friday; 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. on Saturdays and closed on Sundays until further notice.
Survivors can register for FEMA assistance by phone or online before visiting a center. Going to a DRC is not a requirement of registration, but specialists there can provide guidance regarding disaster recovery and rental resources, explain written correspondence received from FEMA, inform survivors of the status of their application, make referrals to other organizations and answer questions.
Survivors can apply online at DisasterAssistance.gov or by phone (voice, 711 or relay service) at 800-621-3362. TTY users should call 800-462-7585. The toll-free lines are open 7 a.m. to 10 p.m. seven days a week. Applicants will be asked to provide:
- Social Security number
- Address of the damaged primary residence
- Description of the damage
- Information about insurance coverage
- A current contact telephone number
- An address where they can receive mail
- Bank account and routing numbers for those preferring direct deposit of funds